Originally established in 1958 by Patrick Clement Cox, Sulzer Mixpac (UK) has become the global market leader in the design and production of manual, pneumatic and battery hand held sealant and adhesive applicators. Our success story and growth started with our first product, the often copied Wexford skeleton metal frame applicator – still manufactured due to its popularity and reliability but now known as the Easiflow HD. Subsequent later models, with a new mechanism incorporating a smooth rod with clutch and release plate, became the worldwide industry standard.
Today, Sulzer Mixpac (UK) continues to focus on innovation, looking at ways to improve product performance and ergonomic features, address environmental questions and introduce more energy saving features. The Company concentrates on using the highest quality raw materials and developing products that compete strongly in the marketplace while not compromising on quality.
The tradition, quality, reliability and performance of the COX™ Dispensers originally manufactured and supplied by PC COX since 1958 continues into the future as part of the Sulzer Mixpac product portfolio.
Offering a range of excellent standard products, as well as a constant product development and surveillance of the market, Sulzer Mixpac is able to meet any of your various requirements. In close co-operation with manufacturers of sealants/adhesives and professional end users, we meet even very specific and stringent requirements. Adaptation and flexibility are key words for our product development. As a manufacturer, Sulzer Mixpac offers high reliability on deliveries and customized labelling of our products. With these performances we have been appointed A-supplier with Europe’s leading distributors of dispensing tools.
The renowned COX dispensers will be available through Sulzer Mixpac AG and its affiliates while Sulzer Mixpac AG has entrusted Sulzer Mixpac (UK) Ltd. to continue with the manufacture of the dispensers at the PC COX site in Hungerford, UK.
Originally established in 1958 by Patrick Clement Cox, Sulzer Mixpac (UK) has become the global market leader in the design and production of manual, pneumatic and battery hand held sealant and adhesive applicators. Our success story and growth started with our first product, still manufactured due to its popularity and reliability but now known as the Easiflow HD. Subsequent later models, with a new mechanism incorporating a smooth rod with clutch and release plate, became the worldwide industry standard. The PC COX product range, which includes cartridge, sachet, bulk, one and two-component dispensers, were originally manufactured at our factory in the UK and they continue to be produced there today. On July 1st 2016 our name changed from PC Cox Ltd to Sulzer Mixpac (UK) Ltd. To ensure retention of our strong brand and market position, Sulzer Mixpac (UK) Ltd continues to market our products under the well-known and widely-recognized COX brand: Sulzer Mixpac (UK) Ltd., 1 Tealgate, Charnham Park, Hungerford RG17 0YT, UK. Email: [email protected], Phone: +44 (0)1488 647 800.
- Acquired Ark Plastics (Cox Plastics Technologies)
- Single component product names re-branded
- New look corporate branding and website launched
- Denpress dental dispensing system launched
- Electraflow development delivers the lightest sealant applicators available on the market
- Development of cordless range of products
- Increased activity in working with industry partners
- Introduction of global Business Development Managers in Asia and Europe
- Management buyout
- Sold Cox Plastics Technologies
- Restructured Mays Pressure Die Castings
- Sulzer acquired PC Cox Group Ltd
- PC COX is now Sulzer Mixpac UK Ltd
- Subject of private equity buyout by CVC capital partners
- Expanded portfolio of manual and pneumatic applicators
- Cox acquires North American distributor
- Set up manufacturing at Michigan facility
- Acquired Mays Pressure Diecastings, London
- Co-axial and side-by-side airguns developed
- Powerful hand applicator mechanisms developed
- By the late 1980’s exports accounted for over 80% turnover
- Cox family sold business to Guthrie Corporation (acquired by BBA Group)
- Moved to current HQ in Newbury, England
- Saw first export customer in Germany
- Development of dump valve to control the flow for air applicator
- Achieved £1m annual turnover for the first time
- Incorporated as Mastic Appliance (PC Cox)
- First air applicator for cartridges developed
Patrick Clement Cox starts The Mastic Appliance Company
- barrel gun with steel body and gravity die cast butt and trigger
- using pressure die cast components for the first time
- many design features recognisable in today’s manual applicators